Pages

Susmita's stove!

Hello people!

Welcome to my kitchen. I learnt, and am learning how to cook by watching and mostly doing. I want to share my experiences of cooking which means more than sharing recipes. I also want to read about your experiences.

My recipes are mostly very easy because that's how I like it :D
If I can cook so can anyone, and of any age!! I also believe in using some latest gadgets to keep cooking away or lessen the usage of oil.

My recipes are mainly for first timers and those who love to experiment. Even though I try to follow the traditional practices of cooking, I realise I always enjoy experimenting.

So read my smack and slurp blogs and tell me how you feel. Also if you happen to try any of my recipes, do not forget to tell me how they turned out!!

Happy finger licking,
Susmita

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Pineapple Jam Smoothie


Hello there, here’s a little fun recipe, easy to make, seconds away smoothie.
Ingredients:

Quarter Pineapple – Chopped in small cubes

Mixed fruit jam (Or any of your personal flavor) – 2 tablespoons

Sugar – 1 tea spoon

Frozen/chilled yoghurt – 2.5 tablespoons

Milk cream – 2 teaspoon

Honey – According to taste or 1 tea spoon

Ice – Few cubes

Pineapple cream and mint to garnish

Add all the above ingredients excepting Pineapple cream and mint to the blender. Let it mix for 3-4 minutes. Check in between to see if Pineapple has pulped enough. Pour the juice into a glass. Add Pineapple squeeze to the top and place mint leaves to garnish.

This is really quick and comes out in a pale pink colour (because of the mix fruit jam) which is pretty to look at. To minimize the levels of sweetness you can do away with sugar and restrict Jam to one table spoon.

This also gives you the luxury to add other fruits like apple, pears or grapes. Try to avoid banana as banana has the tendency to dominate every other taste. If banana is a favourite you can replace the fruit and keep the other ingredients as it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment