Pages

Susmita's stove!

Hello people!

Welcome to my kitchen. I learnt, and am learning how to cook by watching and mostly doing. I want to share my experiences of cooking which means more than sharing recipes. I also want to read about your experiences.

My recipes are mostly very easy because that's how I like it :D
If I can cook so can anyone, and of any age!! I also believe in using some latest gadgets to keep cooking away or lessen the usage of oil.

My recipes are mainly for first timers and those who love to experiment. Even though I try to follow the traditional practices of cooking, I realise I always enjoy experimenting.

So read my smack and slurp blogs and tell me how you feel. Also if you happen to try any of my recipes, do not forget to tell me how they turned out!!

Happy finger licking,
Susmita

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Bloopers

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
This happened when I was in college. One evening my mom asked me to turn the stove off as the pressure cooker was on it's 3rd whistle. I entered the kitchen to follow her instructions. All I remember next was hot piping rice on my hands, and a big bang noise while I performed the Macaulay Culkin's priceless expression!


Lid hits the roof
The pressure cooker's lid went off and hit the roof, fortunately landing right in front of me. With it, it took some cooked rice flying high which unfortunately didn't miss me. I stayed away from entering the kitchen for a good 15 days, though mom was not amused.

2 comments:

  1. haha same thing happened with our cooker. The lid few to some extent and most of the mutton got scattered on the Roof :) Luckily no one was in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh! when was this? hopefully these are not the initial experiences of cooking post marriage :D ??!!

    ReplyDelete