Pages

Susmita's stove!

Hello people!

Welcome to my kitchen. I learnt, and am learning how to cook by watching and mostly doing. I want to share my experiences of cooking which means more than sharing recipes. I also want to read about your experiences.

My recipes are mostly very easy because that's how I like it :D
If I can cook so can anyone, and of any age!! I also believe in using some latest gadgets to keep cooking away or lessen the usage of oil.

My recipes are mainly for first timers and those who love to experiment. Even though I try to follow the traditional practices of cooking, I realise I always enjoy experimenting.

So read my smack and slurp blogs and tell me how you feel. Also if you happen to try any of my recipes, do not forget to tell me how they turned out!!

Happy finger licking,
Susmita

Friday, September 2, 2011

Vinayaka chaviti - intilo vantalu

I want to mark 1st September 2011 as a day that matured me as a chef who could cook for a small gathering all by herself(mark my words, totally by myself) and who did a proud job of it.

We invited my brother in law, who invited 2 other friends for lunch at our home. Even though as a couple 2010 was Srikanth's and mine first chaviti, I didn't cook as I was still pregnant with Skaandini.

This year while 9 month old Skaandini crawled her way into every door, chair, and table we realised what the word DIFFICULT meant. Btw she looked a complete darling in her cream and red jari blouse and lehanga.

Woke up at 7:00 AM, while Srikanth was busy preparing for the puja, I decided to make the menu ready for the luncheon.

Menu:
White Rice
Tomato pappu (dal)
Aviyal
Pulihora (tamarind)
Semiya Payasam
Vegetable fingers
Pudina kothimeera pacchadi (chutney)
Appadalu, vadiyalu and gold fingers

Couple of them thought pulihora can do with more salt, over all they seemed all happy, delighted and said couldn't carry themselves at all. I was happy watching these well fed men burp!!! I wouldn't have ever said this otherwise.

Tell me of you first such experience. However good or bad you thought you did!!

Susmita

2 comments:

  1. Like :) I had a doubt can we talk about Non-veg dishes here? hehe sorry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ofcourse you can!! I never cook them but you are welcome with your recipes ;P

    ReplyDelete