Pages

Susmita's stove!

Hello people!

Welcome to my kitchen. I learnt, and am learning how to cook by watching and mostly doing. I want to share my experiences of cooking which means more than sharing recipes. I also want to read about your experiences.

My recipes are mostly very easy because that's how I like it :D
If I can cook so can anyone, and of any age!! I also believe in using some latest gadgets to keep cooking away or lessen the usage of oil.

My recipes are mainly for first timers and those who love to experiment. Even though I try to follow the traditional practices of cooking, I realise I always enjoy experimenting.

So read my smack and slurp blogs and tell me how you feel. Also if you happen to try any of my recipes, do not forget to tell me how they turned out!!

Happy finger licking,
Susmita

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Every critic wants a dish

Have you been subjected to constant criticism of the dishes you make? It can be anything. Something as simple as dal to a complicated home ground spices dish. I mean, what is it with some people?? Why do they feel they have the authority to comment on anything you make?

Well I've had to go through this experience of having every dish of mine commented on by someone. One day I lost it and said "make your own dish". The comments died instantly. It's not exactly what I intended for, but I wasn't complaining anymore :D

I once made semiya payasam and was told that it wasn't payasam at all because there's no saggu biyyam (sabu daana) in it. Only later did the person say that it tasted good. If someone is going to be highly critical,   they better have a degree like a doctor, I say.

Then again you have the kinds who will not utter a word and will leave you scratching your head not knowing the outcome of your hard work. And those who will please you even if your dog won't smell it.

Have you had any distasteful experiences with criticism of your dishes? Let me know.

Susmita




No comments:

Post a Comment