Pages

Susmita's stove!

Hello people!

Welcome to my kitchen. I learnt, and am learning how to cook by watching and mostly doing. I want to share my experiences of cooking which means more than sharing recipes. I also want to read about your experiences.

My recipes are mostly very easy because that's how I like it :D
If I can cook so can anyone, and of any age!! I also believe in using some latest gadgets to keep cooking away or lessen the usage of oil.

My recipes are mainly for first timers and those who love to experiment. Even though I try to follow the traditional practices of cooking, I realise I always enjoy experimenting.

So read my smack and slurp blogs and tell me how you feel. Also if you happen to try any of my recipes, do not forget to tell me how they turned out!!

Happy finger licking,
Susmita

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Pancakes - Banana and Vanilla/Strawberry essence

Pancakes and waffles are my absolute favourite. I wish I could devour them everyday for breakfast. Apart from Dosa, it is only pancakes and waffles that can never bore me. Never ever. Making pancakes is very very easy. You do not have to complicate the procedure at all. Introduce it in our Indian kitchen once in a while, see your family members appreciate variety.

Well I did see how to make a pancake before I attempted to make one, but improvised on it to make it simpler. Ingredients are easily available in local super markets. Infact if you make cakes or ice creams regularly you will have most of these ingredients in your kitchen.

Ingredients:

Thick Pancakes
  1. Maida (all purpose flour): 2 cups
  2. Corn flour: 1 cup
  3. Icing Sugar: 1/2 cup (If you don't have icing sugar, blend sugar for a few seconds in your mixer, viola icing sugar is ready!!)
  4. Eggs: 2
  5. Banana: 1 mashed
  6. Vanilla or Strawberry essence: 2 tea spoons (If you have any strawberry crush or grape crush you can use that instead of essence.)
  7. MUST: MAPLE or PANCAKE syrup (easily available in local super markets or marts). People say that you can use honey as a supplement....naaaaaaaaaah. Don't. Use only maple or pancake syrup.
Preparation:

    Thin Pancakes
  1. Beat eggs.
  2. Add maida, corn flour and icing sugar to the egg beat and mix slowly.
  3. Add mashed banana and essence or crush and mix well.
  4. Check the consistency and add water if it needs to be thicker.
  5. Butter the pan a little bit. Avoid this step if you do not wish to butter or if the pan is non stick.
  6. Depending on the size of the pan you can bake 2-4 pancakes at one time.
  7. Do not turn over the pancake repeatedly. Let one side bake well before you turn it over.
  8. Once done, take them all into a plate.

Serving:
Before eating top your pancake with whipped cream, sliced fruits, chocolate syrup, and maple syrup. Or use only maple syrup. You can never go wrong with a pancake. Because all you need to do is get the dough right, like for dosa or idli. Experiment with toppings as much as you want. Especially if you have kids. Make funny faces out of toppings. You can also use gems or poppins. Well let your imagination go wild.

Let me know if you have questions.

Susmita


No comments:

Post a Comment